Major Plot Point Red Herring Question

For discussing stealth, actions, perils, and plot points....

Major Plot Point Red Herring Question

Postby Panama » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:55 pm

I was playing Final Flight the other day from the PI campaign book, now this scenario uses the Red Herring rules, now the thing is that while the reason giving for the reason you might get a Red Herring reward for the minor plot points all make sense, you went to the wrong ticket counter or picked up the wrong package, the problem was in keeping with the story of the game I was using the door to the plane as the major plot point, now as it turned out one of the red herring cards was all ready used leaving a 1 in 3 chance that I would draw the other, but the thoughts of the other out been drawn & the plane been removed & been replaced some place else on the table just didn't sit right with me.

So in short should any red herring cards that are still in the reward deck at the time the major plot point is been tried be removed ? or is it meant to be that the idiot got on or bombed the wrong plane :lol: both very possible when I'm involved :lol: :lol:
Panama

Re: Major Plot Point Red Herring Question

Postby rags » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 pm

I recall reading an AAR of a Final Flight game where the Red Herring was drawn at the plane door, just like you say. They had the plane taxi away down the runway for a bit over 6 inches, and everybody had to chase it.
:lol:
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Panama » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm

rags wrote:I recall reading an AAR of a Final Flight game where the Red Herring was drawn at the plane door, just like you say. They had the plane taxi away down the runway for a bit over 6 inches, and everybody had to chase it.
:lol:

Thanks Rags, luckily the Red Herring card wasn't drawn for the Major Plot Point in the game, but putting it like above I guess I could have lived with it :lol: :lol:
Panama

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:52 am

We leave the Red Herring in the stack. If it gets drawn for the plane, we simply say they went to the wrong plane.

In the hustle and bustle of try to escape the city, the airport is in chaos. It is far too easy to assume that must be the right plane, only to find out later that it was the wrong one. :D

It doesn't mean he got on the wrong plane, it simply means he didn't figure out it was the wrong plane until he got to the door. Maybe the they look at his ticket and say - "Hey, thats the plane you should be on - right over there!" :lol: :lol:
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Panama » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Thank Dave, I guess its how you look at these thing, wrong plane or chasing the plane down the run way has a nice to slapstick feel about :lol: :lol:
Panama

Return to Pulp Alley - Actions, Perils, & Plot Points