Non-Motorized Vehicles

For discussing the vehicles rules....

Non-Motorized Vehicles

Postby emu2020 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:54 pm

This may be covered in an upcoming book, but have any playtest or even conceptual rules been released for non-motorized vehicles such as carts, wagons, dock sleds, canoes, and rafts and other oddball rigs as chariots or the like? I can see how many scenarios could involved some interesting action on these sorts of conveyances. I know that I was thinking of using rafts in my "Hippo Hell" scenario but I couldn't come up with something that I was happy with for how to handle vehicles (rafts) that relied on crew for not only control but power.

Of course this also invites such secondary rules considerations as moving water and its effects on powerless vehicles, both motorized and others. Another possible rule consideration here would be moving motorized vehicles who's motors are no longer functional, i.e. a river boat who's engine is damaged or pushing a wagon after the horses are down.

Thoughts?

-Eli
"I See Lead People"
Visit my blog at - http://leadpeople.blogspot.com/
emu2020

Re: Non-Motorized Vehicles

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 pm

emu2020 wrote:This may be covered in an upcoming book, but have any playtest or even conceptual rules been released for non-motorized vehicles such as carts, wagons, dock sleds, canoes, and rafts and other oddball rigs as chariots or the like? I can see how many scenarios could involved some interesting action on these sorts of conveyances. I know that I was thinking of using rafts in my "Hippo Hell" scenario but I couldn't come up with something that I was happy with for how to handle vehicles (rafts) that relied on crew for not only control but power.

Of course this also invites such secondary rules considerations as moving water and its effects on powerless vehicles, both motorized and others. Another possible rule consideration here would be moving motorized vehicles who's motors are no longer functional, i.e. a river boat who's engine is damaged or pushing a wagon after the horses are down.

Non-Motorized Vehicles are covered in our Pulp Gadgets, Guns, & Vehicles book. Check out page 24, "Animal-Drawn Vehicles". Canoes and rafts would use the "Boats" rules on page 23.

We've used rules for Fast Flowing Water as a Special Scenario rule a few times. Simply establishings the direction of flow and then moving anyone in the water 3"+X" at the end of each turn.

I hope that helps.

HAVE FUN
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby emu2020 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

Dave,

Thanks a lot for that. I somehow missed that.

-Eli
"I See Lead People"
Visit my blog at - http://leadpeople.blogspot.com/
emu2020

Postby gweirda » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

"We've used rules for Fast Flowing Water as a Special Scenario rule a few times. Simply establishings the direction of flow and then moving anyone in the water 3"+X" at the end of each turn."

I did something like that with a canoe adrift in a jungle stream that ran through the middle of the table...with a (critical) plot point lying inside. :twisted:
gweirda

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:00 pm

gweirda wrote:"We've used rules for Fast Flowing Water as a Special Scenario rule a few times. Simply establishings the direction of flow and then moving anyone in the water 3"+X" at the end of each turn."

I did something like that with a canoe adrift in a jungle stream that ran through the middle of the table...with a (critical) plot point lying inside. :twisted:

Cool idea! I like it when the plot points move. It adds an extra :twisted: twist. :lol: :lol:
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Pulp Alley - Vehicles