Driving while brawling

For discussing the vehicles rules....

Driving while brawling

Postby Panama » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Now on health & safety ground I don't recommend doing this :) joking apart I'm sure it's covered somewhere but I just can't find it so my question, does a vehicle keep moving if the driver is involved in a brawl (please be yes) & if yes how does it work ? only used the vehicles rules for the first time & have to say I love what they add to the game :D

As happens most of the time after I post the question I find the answer :oops: but it fairness it's hard to find answer's when your having so much fun :D
Panama
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Driving while brawling

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:04 am

Panama wrote:Now on health & safety ground I don't recommend doing this :) joking apart I'm sure it's covered somewhere but I just can't find it so my question, does a vehicle keep moving if the driver is involved in a brawl (please be yes) & if yes how does it work ? only used the vehicles rules for the first time & have to say I love what they add to the game :D

As happens most of the time after I post the question I find the answer :oops: but it fairness it's hard to find answer's when your having so much fun :D



Great question!

Short Answer = Yes, the vehicle can move but it can not turn.


Long Answer = If the driver is engaged in a Brawl the vehicle can still Cruise forward in a straight line. He doesn't have to move forward but he has the option.

However, remember that you cannot turn during a Cruise move. In addition, while the driver is engaged he can not choose to Maneuver the vehicle -- because maneuvering a vehicle is an action!

This can lead to some fun moments when a driver takes his car off a cliff or straight into a wall. :lol:

I hope that helps.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
User avatar
Dave
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:28 am
Location: Perilous Island, OK

Re: Driving while brawling

Postby Panama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave, it does leave you with some interesting choices like do I smash the car into the wall knowing it will most likely kill the follower in the hope that it will harm the other league's leader ? not that I would ever so blatantly kill a follower you understand :D :D
Panama
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Driving while brawling

Postby rags » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Panama wrote:not that I would ever so blatantly kill a follower you understand...

Last night I watched a couple of episodes of "The Phantom Creeps" before heading to bed. In it, Bela Lugosi's henchman and driver (probably a sidekick) got shot at least 5 times and left for dead. But, later on, he got up and walked away. Explanation: "He was only stunned." And I finally understood why characters never really die in Pulp Alley.
;)
rags
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
User avatar
rags
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:18 pm
Location: Rear booth, Tiki Lounge

Re: Driving while brawling

Postby Panama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:39 pm

rags wrote:
Panama wrote:not that I would ever so blatantly kill a follower you understand...

Last night I watched a couple of episodes of "The Phantom Creeps" before heading to bed. In it, Bela Lugosi's henchman and driver (probably a sidekick) got shot at least 5 times and left for dead. But, later on, he got up and walked away. Explanation: "He was only stunned." And I finally understood why characters never really die in Pulp Alley.
;)
rags


Sure everyone know's you've got to be shot at least 6 times before there's even a chance that you might die, right Rags :?: :lol: :lol:
Panama
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Driving while brawling

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 pm

Yup, the serials definitely had a huge impact on how Pulp Alley was intended to be played. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
User avatar
Dave
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:28 am
Location: Perilous Island, OK


Return to Pulp Alley - Vehicles



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest