Resource points = Gear Points ???

For discussing the vehicles rules....

Resource points = Gear Points ???

Postby Scoundrel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:55 am

I was trying to make some Vehicles for one of my leagues and I ran into a problem, I couldn't figure out if Resource points counts as the same as Gear points as I couldn't find anywhere in the rules any mentioning of the this, if it is mentioned in the rules I can't find it for some reason.
Scoundrel

Re: Resource points = Gear Points ???

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Scoundrel wrote:I was trying to make some Vehicles for one of my leagues and I ran into a problem, I couldn't figure out if Resource points counts as the same as Gear points as I couldn't find anywhere in the rules any mentioning of the this, if it is mentioned in the rules I can't find it for some reason.

There are four types of Resources — "Tips, Backup, Contacts, and Gear."

Gear Points are a specific type of Resource points and used to buy bonuses that cannot normally be selected with Tips, Backup, or Contacts point.

In general, I use the term "Resource Points" when referring to all four types. To select a bonus for a scenario, you can spend one or more of the appropriate Resource Points (Tips, Backup, Contacts, or Gear points).

For more details, check out the Resources section in the basic rulebook, page 36 to 39.

I hope that helps.

HAVE FUN
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Scoundrel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Dave wrote:
Scoundrel wrote:I was trying to make some Vehicles for one of my leagues and I ran into a problem, I couldn't figure out if Resource points counts as the same as Gear points as I couldn't find anywhere in the rules any mentioning of the this, if it is mentioned in the rules I can't find it for some reason.

There are four types of Resources — "Tips, Backup, Contacts, and Gear."

Gear Points are a specific type of Resource points and used to buy bonuses that cannot normally be selected with Tips, Backup, or Contacts point.

In general, I use the term "Resource Points" when referring to all four types. To select a bonus for a scenario, you can spend one or more of the appropriate Resource Points (Tips, Backup, Contacts, or Gear points).

For more details, check out the Resources section in the basic rulebook, page 36 to 39.

I hope that helps.

HAVE FUN

Well I did read that part of the rules, but the Gearhead ability says you get +1 Resource point for selecting Modifications, but does that point counts as a Gear point or is it just 1 modification you can choose, I might have read to much into it.

The reason for asking is I need to be 100% sure as I'm making a League that will always have access to vehicles to a certain degree, with a few modifications, the league is kind off made but I have to know that I'm not wasting slots on abilities that won't do what I think they do, so to speak, and I need to know what I have to work with for vehicles.
Scoundrel

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:48 pm

... but the Gearhead ability says you get +1 Resource point for selecting Modifications, but does that point counts as a Gear point...

Okay, that is weird. My book says Gearhead gives you +1 Gear point... I don't know why... Oh wait! That was clarified/updated in the Pulp Leagues book.

Yes, Gearhead provides +1 Gear point to use for mods. Sorry about the confusion.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 am

Dave wrote:
... but the Gearhead ability says you get +1 Resource point for selecting Modifications, but does that point counts as a Gear point...

Okay, that is weird. My book says Gearhead gives you +1 Gear point... I don't know why... Oh wait! That was clarified/updated in the Pulp Leagues book.

Yes, Gearhead provides +1 Gear point to use for mods. Sorry about the confusion.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

To bad the Pulp Alley Gadgets, Guns & Vehicles PDF wasn't corrected, annoying that its not possible to make the correction in the PDF myself for every time I look it up I'll get the wrong info... well adleast I know it now... for the time being, memorizing every correction is nearly impossible if you don't photographic memory :)

By the way Dave, does that also mean that the Captain Ability grants Gear points instead of resource points?
Scoundrel

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 am

The type of Resource point granted by all the perks/abilities in the PGGV book is a Gear.

HAVE FUN
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Dave wrote:The type of Resource point granted by all the perks/abilities in the PGGV book is a Gear.

HAVE FUN

Hmm that helps, this should make the League able to always have a vehicle of some kind, thanks for clearing this up as this is out of the way I can now create the vehicles.

Btw Dave, why do the motorcycle cost the same as a car, it doesn't seem to be worth 2 points but more 1 point?
Scoundrel

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Scoundrel wrote:Btw Dave, why do the motorcycle cost the same as a car, it doesn't seem to be worth 2 points but more 1 point?

The motorcycle comes with Nimble and Open, so that balances them out a bit. It may not be much, but I find Nimble to be pretty handy and Open is usually more of an advantage than disadvantage.

FYI -- If you are wanting to do a 1 Gear vehicle, feel free to drop Open and Nimble off the motorcycle.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Scoundrel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 am

Dave wrote:
Scoundrel wrote:Btw Dave, why do the motorcycle cost the same as a car, it doesn't seem to be worth 2 points but more 1 point?

The motorcycle comes with Nimble and Open, so that balances them out a bit. It may not be much, but I find Nimble to be pretty handy and Open is usually more of an advantage than disadvantage.

FYI -- If you are wanting to do a 1 Gear vehicle, feel free to drop Open and Nimble off the motorcycle.

Well I have 2 gear points for vehicles and 4 modification points, so they can have a car, or a one seat plane, or anything else that cost 2 gear points.

The reason why I asked about the motorcycle is that the cars seem way better in a way then a motorcycle, but I'll just go with what is in the vehicles rule book and it was more out of curiosity :)
Scoundrel

Return to Pulp Alley - Vehicles