Force 10 From Navarone Game

For discussing ideas and suggestions for new plot points and markers....

Force 10 From Navarone Game

Postby Pvi99th » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:01 pm

I have started putting together a game based on the book and movie, Force 10 From Navarone. It will be a game consisting of various scenarios leading to the hopeful culmination of the destruction of the dam and saving the partisans.

I have found the figures I will be using for the various "main characters". I am adding in Andrea from The Guns of Navarone (he was in the book), and a few surprises. Lt. Hamilton, which was the nom de guerre, of actor Sterling Hayden, will be involved since he actually brought supplies to the partisans as part of the OSS.

My goal is to create something that will give the feel of the original but varied enough so that anyone who has seen the movie or read the book, won't know exactly what to expect.

Now to paint everything...
Pvi99th

Re: Force 10 From Navarone Game

Postby Whomever1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:51 pm

It sounds epic--I'm looking forward to seeing stages of your progress.
Whomever1

Postby Pvi99th » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Whomever1 wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing stages of your progress.

Me too!! :D
Pvi99th

Postby Pvi99th » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 am

I have the figures for Harrison Ford, Robert Shaw, Edward Fox, Richard Kiel, Barbara Bach,and Carl Weathers. As I said, I am also bringing in an Anthony Quinn looking figure as Andrea. Obviously not exactly looking like them all but close enough.

I am currently reading the novel again and taking notes to help flesh out the game. I watched the movie again maybe a month ago.

As I said, I figure a series of several scenarios with the outcome of one determining where things go. Will probably mix solitaire deck scenarios in also. My thought is that something like the escape from the MPs from the movie (not in the book) would work well as a solo game. That would help establish who actually goes on the mission. My thought would be that the main team members would be "stacked" to go, while the lesser characters would have a chance on not making the plane.

Leagues will be a combination of the book and movie. In the book the British team was a 6 man team (Mallory - Robert Shaw, Miller - Edward Fox, Andrea - Not in Film, and three Royal Marine Commandos). In the book there isn't any American team. That will be composed of Barnsby - Harrison Ford and Reynolds (who in the book is actually one of the British Sergeants) and "others". That would be the two main Allied leagues. Then Weaver - Carl Weathers would be an add - on that can happen for one of the leagues.

The first non-solo game would be the landing where they are dealing with partisans, Chetniks, and whoever else might be wandering around. They would be after various supplies, radio, and explosives that were dropped.

The outcome of that would determine the next game situation and who is where and with whom.

My goal is to hopefully draw in some people that want a fun game but haven't wanted to give Pulp Alley a shot because it isn't "historical". I want to show the versatility of the system by doing this.
Pvi99th

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 am

Very cool idea! I hope we get to see more. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Scenario Background