Weapon and Ability Cards

For discussing tips, backup, gear, and contacts....

Weapon and Ability Cards

Postby Pvi99th » Thu May 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Not sure if this is the correct place but it is an idea for a scenario resource, at least for me... :D

I have been using the Comic Life app to create some weapon cards, ability cards for once per turn or single use abilities, and other "special" rules that I may use for a specific character. For example Simon Templar, The Saint, Doc Savage, or other "over the top" personalities. I have been reading the early Saint books from the 1920s. I read a bunch of the books in the 80s when they were being reprinted in paperback. I am enjoying them much more now. The banter of Simon Templar doesn't exactly work for a game, unless you make it a storytelling interactive game (which most people wouldn't play) but with the colorful cards I can account for some of what that type of thing accomplishes.

The weapon cards will allow me to give weapons to people that might not have one on the figure or have lost the weapon somewhere. It also allows the pistol equipped figure to have a rifle, or something else, without needing multiple figures.

I have a bunch more to go but figure for the weapons I will use "specific" photos but the stat information will reflect on the more generic rules in use in Pulp Alley. That way you could say you have a M1911 Colt but for the game rules it really isn't that important.

Thoughts??
Pvi99th

Re: Weapon and Ability Cards

Postby Dave » Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 am

Very cool! THANKS for sharing. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Scenario Resources