When a league goes out of the game question.

For discussing recuperating, rewards, reorganizing, and character development....

When a league goes out of the game question.

Postby Panama » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi guys I was wondering what happens when a league gets knock out of the game completely, I'm talking solo or a two player game here, I list somethings below as to what I think might happen.

1) the game ends at that point & the league still on the table keeps whatever plot points they have.
2) the game ends at that point & the league still on the table gets all the plot points.
3) you play on with one league until the last turn to give them the chance to get as many plot points as they can.
4) Something else.
Panama

Re: When a league goes out of the game question.

Postby rags » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 am

Hmmm. Usually, when a league is supposed to get the plot points that its opponent doesn't score, that is noted in the scenario, be it solo or versus. Otherwise, I would probably go with option 1 -- the game ends and the surviving league keeps the plot points it has.
I'm curious to see what Dave has to say about this, though.
;)
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Panama wrote:Hi guys I was wondering what happens when a league gets knock out of the game completely, I'm talking solo or a two player game here, I list somethings below as to what I think might happen.

1) the game ends at that point & the league still on the table keeps whatever plot points they have.
2) the game ends at that point & the league still on the table gets all the plot points.
3) you play on with one league until the last turn to give them the chance to get as many plot points as they can.
4) Something else.

Short Answer: #3

Long Answer: We continue playing with a single league - giving them an opportunity to collect as many plot points as they can before time runs out. It is worth noting, you can still draw/play Fortune cards for the rest of the game - even if your characters are all KO'd. Basically, the scenario/game continues exactly as normal.

As rags pointed out, a league does NOT receive credit for uncontrolled plot points unless this is specifically indicated in the special rules for that scenario.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Panama » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks Dave that's how I played it but just wanted to be sure it was correct :)
Panama

Return to Scenario Wrap Up