The Stone Knight, Part 2

For discussing your games and sharing photos....

The Stone Knight, Part 2

Postby Whomever1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Rags played the first Stone Knight game solo ( a few posts ago), but now for the test--will it stand up to play against two other opinionated and cranky gamers? Rags, Manauser and I all picked out suitably evil and arcane leagues, each of which attempted to animate the statue of costumed hero Sir Gallant. Enjoy the chaos: https://imgur.com/gallery/5nfyR

Whomever1

Re: The Stone Knight, Part 2

Postby rags » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 am

Thanks to you and ManaUser for a fun time. Lots of mayhem and madness. The "coffin corner" issue in 3-player games might have made a difference again, though. What do you think?
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Whomever1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:55 am

I don't think there was one corner that was uniquely dangerous, but both you and Manauser had clear shots at each other before you had them at my league. Even though you had us all equally distant from the statue (and I assume that meant equidistant even counting corners that had to be turned) my guys had the most direct route. Had I not been tripped up on the first turn I might have been able to animate Sir Gallant on turn two. On the other hand, since points were awarded for kills maybe it wasn't an advantage to be out of the fray.
Whomever1

Postby Panama » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Nice AAR Whom, I always find 3 player games interesting as it most times ends up that the player who gets off to the best start starts taking a hammering from the other two leagues :lol:
Panama

Postby Whomever1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm

What usually happens with our 3 man games is that the player with the lowest initiative has to set up between the other two players, so they get hammered from both sides. We need a fourth.
Whomever1

Postby Panama » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Whomever1 wrote:What usually happens with our 3 man games is that the player with the lowest initiative has to set up between the other two players, so they get hammered from both sides. We need a fourth.

An answer to this Whom might be to deploy randomly like in say the man hunt scenario this would do away with what Rags called the coffin corner :)
Panama

Postby Whomever1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:37 am

Panama wrote:
Whomever1 wrote:What usually happens with our 3 man games is that the player with the lowest initiative has to set up between the other two players, so they get hammered from both sides. We need a fourth.

An answer to this Whom might be to deploy randomly like in say the man hunt scenario this would do away with what Rags called the coffin corner :)

Deploying one character at a time might work for some scenarios, but I think it would change things too much for most of them. And also make the initiative roll less valuable.
Whomever1

Postby Panama » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 am

But you'd only need to do it when your playing a game with 3 leagues Whom, as for the initiative that's still very important for picking who you want to activate a character :)
Panama

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:41 am

Whomever1 wrote:What usually happens with our 3 man games is that the player with the lowest initiative has to set up between the other two players, so they get hammered from both sides....

Ayup, I know the feeling well. :lol:
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Scenario AAR