A new league, with Ultra-inviso bases

Show off your figures and leagues....

A new league, with Ultra-inviso bases

Postby Whomever1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:18 am

After so many people have expressed enthusiasm for transparent bases (and after one person expressed disdain for my opaque bases) I thought I'd try them out on a new league. It's kind of tedious to mount them, and means I'll need some new safe way to transport them. I have been using magnetic bases on an iron plate, but the new bases are too thin to hold a magnet. But they look pretty cool. I'll need some new mats, of course.
I'll post an AAR fairly soon. What will the theme of the new scenario be, you ask? Well, how many hours have I devoted to playing West of Loathing in the last month!?

By the way, the guy on horseback is in back of his unmounted self: There are really only 7 characters.
Last edited by Whomever1 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whomever1

Re: A new league, with Ultra-inviso bases

Postby Panama » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

Nice bit of work Whom, I'm a big fan of clear bases :)
Panama

Postby Midnight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

I like the thought of clear bases, but as most of my minis come from minis repurposed from other miniature games (like Heroclix, Horrorclix, etc.) where I haven't stopped playing those games too...rebasing is not an option for me.

And the thought of wasting all of that precious would-be-play-time in a hobby aspect of popping minis off of current bases, affixing them to clear bases, and possibly back again for the other games...ugh...not something I'll be doing anytime soon.

That said...if I ever find myself assembling and painting new minis strictly for Pulp Alley...yeah, I could see going the clear-base route.

They do look nice when on a cool mat or board.
Midnight

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:11 pm

I like clear bases for many reasons, but I doubt if I would have ever re-based all our minis if Mila had not done it. And I'm glad she did! :D

Clear bases work for me, but some folks prefer metal washers, plastic bases, or whatever. I think they all work fine and have different advantages/disadvantages.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Painters Showcase