Multiple Fortune Cards

For discussing the Fortune cards....

Multiple Fortune Cards

Postby UncleDante » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:35 am

Hello fellow Pulp players!
Ive been wondering, is there any limit on how many Fortune cards can be played on single character and do they stack. Do multiple copies of the same card also stack? Let me give a few examples of what i mean:
1) The enemy activates and you play Distraction and Out of Ammo on Him. I presume he is at -1d on Might, Finesse and cunning and also cant shoot?
2) The enemy activates and you play TWO Distraction cards. Will characted get -2d to skills? And what if double Unseen Peril is played. Will characted be forced to make two challenges?
3) The enemy activates and you play Unseen Peril. Opponent plays Misfortune to cancel your card. Can a second Unseen Peril be played immideately?
UncleDante

Re: Multiple Fortune Cards

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:56 pm

UncleDante wrote:Hello fellow Pulp players!
Ive been wondering, is there any limit on how many Fortune cards can be played on single character and do they stack. Do multiple copies of the same card also stack? Let me give a few examples of what i mean:
1) The enemy activates and you play Distraction and Out of Ammo on Him. I presume he is at -1d on Might, Finesse and cunning and also cant shoot?
2) The enemy activates and you play TWO Distraction cards. Will characted get -2d to skills? And what if double Unseen Peril is played. Will characted be forced to make two challenges?
3) The enemy activates and you play Unseen Peril. Opponent plays Misfortune to cancel your card. Can a second Unseen Peril be played immideately?

Yes on all three. The cards and rules have been designed with this as a possibility.

There is no limit to the number of cards that can be played - as long as all the cards are tied to the same Play/When. Although, stacking some effects would not have any value. For example, playing two Trip-Ups would be pointless.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Fortune Cards

Postby UncleDante » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks! That helps a lot.
UncleDante

Return to Pulp Alley - Fortune Deck