Card sleeves

For discussing the Fortune cards....

Card sleeves

Postby Whomever1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:13 pm

I just wanted to know people's opinions on card protectors. In our last game I was surprised to see Rags had put all the cards in bright opaque-backed sleeves. He stated that he was able to differentiate one or more of the rewards cards by the printing on the back and that--in any case--we eat a lot of greasy snacks during a game, which will eventually tell. This makes sense to me, but it did change the feel of the game a little. Does anyone have an opinion? Of course, I'm familiar with the step-by-step where Mila demonstrates putting printed cards in sleeves.
Whomever1

Re: Card sleeves

Postby rags » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:24 am

To the above, let me add that we also play with a number of PAX cards in our decks, and these are pretty much irreplaceable, and worth trying to preserve. When added to the concerns already mentioned, it seemed to be an easy call to make. I, for my own part, did not sense any difference in the feeling of the game, other than the welcome feeling of freedom from concern over all those issues.
rags
action reports & photo galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Re: Card sleeves

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Unfortunately, the level/type of printing we use for our Pulp Alley cards is not on the same level as cards that that you'd get for most of those ever popular card games.

Overall the actual quality is on par, but it is the inconsistences in the coloring/cutting that I tend to notice. Also we switched printers at the beginning of the year, and the older cards had a texture and were ever-so-slightly bigger. Also, as Rags pointed out, some of the cards are fairly irreplaceable.

So --- card sleeves might be a good idea. And if you'd prefer seeing the Pulp Alley logo, then there are some clear sleeves available as well. Or you can use different colors for the different cards.

Now, having said all that, we do not use any sleeves here at the International Pulp Alley Publishing Headquarters and Tire Repair Shop. However, this does mean that certain players are not allowed to look at the cards when they draw a Reward! :lol: :lol:
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Pulp Alley - Fortune Deck