New Fortune Cards

For discussing the Fortune cards....

New Fortune Cards

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 am

I've attached two pages of new Fortune cards, we are considering adding to the Pulp Alley Fortune Deck.

There are 16 cards, but we're only going to use 10. So I'd appreciate your opinion regarding which ones should stay or go.

Also, any editing that needs to be done?

THANKS
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Re: New Fortune Cards

Postby Peabody » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:00 am

Those are looking mighty fine. You have gathered together some very exciting effects and tricky plays. I'm just itching to try them out!
8-) 8-) 8-)
Peabody

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:42 am

Peabody wrote:Those are looking mighty fine. You have gathered together some very exciting effects and tricky plays. I'm just itching to try them out!
8-) 8-) 8-)

Oh, and we may introduce a new game term with these cards, called "ready". A character is "ready" if they have not activated in the current turn and they are not engaged with an enemy.

In some ways this is just done out of convenience and so I can fit things on the cards easier.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby RichJ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 am

Look good, need to try them out :)

On the first card it looks as if the a hasn't got a space before it on the first line.

With the interrupt type cards brings up a couple of questions. Ready - if you have reacted in that turn but not activated are you still ready? Does interrupting effect initiative at all or only if you manage to gain it as normal?

Cheers
Rich
RichJ

Postby religon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:12 pm

A question on FREE PASS. It appears that this is not a challenge you play to hinder another character, but rather is played in response to a challenge issued by another player or a random challenge...like plot points. Is that correct?
religon

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Ready - if you have reacted in that turn but not activated are you still ready?

Yes, even if a character had reacted earlier in the turn I think they could still count as being ready.

I'd like to keep the definition as easy to remember as possible, so there are only two factors to consider. If you have not activated and are not engaged - then you are ready. Anyway, that's the idea for now. We'll just have to see how it really plays.

Does interrupting effect initiative at all or only if you manage to gain it as normal?

Interrupting a character's activation does not affect who controls the Initiative in any way.

THANKS for the questions.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 pm

religon wrote:A question on FREE PASS. It appears that this is not a challenge you play to hinder another character, but rather is played in response to a challenge issued by another player or a random challenge...like plot points. Is that correct?

I don't see Free Pass being played very often from someone's hand, unless it is in some multi-player game and you want to give another player an easy challenge.

It will most likely happen on randomly drawn challenges/cards -- plot points, random perils, and when someone draws for an X value.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Peabody » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Dave wrote:
Does interrupting effect initiative at all or only if you manage to gain it as normal?

Interrupting a character's activation does not affect who controls the Initiative in any way.

I would still expect Initiative to change hands as normal. Interrupts will just provide more interesting opportunities for this to happen...
Peabody

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Peabody wrote:
Dave wrote:

I would still expect Initiative to change hands as normal. Interrupts will just provide more interesting opportunities for this to happen...

Right, just to be clear. If you interrupt an enemy and then clearly win the fight, you would still take the Initiative a normal. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com

Dave
Site Admin

Postby RichJ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I think interrupt type cards will be very useful esp in leagues with a few strong characters versus a horde. Today my main man out of a League of 4 had to watch minion after minion (an 12 man league) run past him and as I didn't have initiative I could do nothing about it.

Bring them on....
RichJ

Next

Return to Pulp Alley - Fortune Deck