Pulp Alley at Enfilade, May 27th through 29th

Are you hosting/wanting a Pulp Alley game at an upcoming convention?

Pulp Alley at Enfilade, May 27th through 29th

Postby Sinewgrab » Sat May 21, 2016 5:35 am

Martian Alley, a Victorian Science Fiction Pulp adventure!
Will the forces of Free Norway succeed in kidnapping the Martian Princess, or will the Red Martians succeed in protecting their Jewel?

Saturday night at Enfilade! More details to follow!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."
Sinewgrab

Re: Pulp Alley at Enfilade, May 27th through 29th

Postby Sinewgrab » Sat May 21, 2016 6:47 am

The playing area!

That's a looooong way down. All movement between the Aeronefs will count as extremely perilous.

Custom plot points!

The Princess Voojwa D'Ey,
Jewel of the House of Helium
While in possession of this plot point, you get the effects of the 'Extend the Scenario' Reward.
----------------------------------------
Cask of Aquavit
You get the reward card 'Discard 1 to force everyone else to discard 1' OR you may discard this reward to cause a fire on board the ship you are on. This will count as 'crippling the ship' for this scenario.
Grappling Hook
Gain the reward for 'Discard 1 card for bonus to Dodge or Cunning', and gain Immunity to Perilous Areas.
Big F'''Off Bomb
This reward may be sacrificed to cripple the ship you are currently on. Everyone on board now has 2 turns to evacuate before they are lost with the ship as it falls from the sky.
The Heart of Helium
Big jewel gives the reward card '+1 fortune card', makes girls weak in the knees, makes men who like money unable to walk with any decency.
-----------------------------------------
Princess Abra of Cadabra
Taken prisoner in recent conflict between Helium and Cadabra, she is worth her weight in gold and silver to any side for her use as a bargaining chip. Reward card '+1d to Might' as the men flex in front of her.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."
Sinewgrab

Postby Dave » Sat May 21, 2016 6:21 pm

WOW! Love it!

It's cutting it close, but if you PM me your mailing address, I'll try to send you some promo Fortune cards to give away at the convention. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby RP006 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm

sinewgrab,

I saw your game last year at Enfilade, but didn't realize it was a Pulp Alley Game. the set looked awesome. How did the game go? How many players did you allow into the game and did it take the full four hours allotted or were you done earlier? I am thinking of running a game this year at Enfilade (see the New Scenarios section of the board). Any advice especially as you put one on at enfilade?
Thanks

Ron
RP006

Postby Sinewgrab » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Well,
My advice would be:

1: NEVER more than 5 players. In my experience, 5 players in the limit of what you can control and keep flowing.
2: Stay on top of whoever has control - they tend to get caught up in the action too.

My game ended a touch early - the winning player flew off with all the girls at turn 5, I think, and it was about 2 1/2 hours into the session.

And I am, in fact, going to run a follow-up game this year, where the Martians and Norwegians are trying to rescue the Princesses, and possibly steal the religious artifacts of the Highland Greens to teach them a lesson.
Sinewgrab

Return to Conventions Calendar