PA Leagues - ST Enterprise Away Team [Midnight]

For discussing characters and league designs....

Re: PA Leagues - ST Enterprise Away Team [Midnight]

Postby Midnight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 pm

boywundyrx wrote:Very cool to see this, I've been looking at PA for classic Star Trek too and was trying to figure out how to organize the League given the way the show and its away teams fluctuated. I was thinking of creating multiple leagues to represent the different structures, not sure it would work well in a campaign without some sort of organizing principle as to how the teams benefit and grow, but it should be ok for one-offs. So some days its Kirk with Spock and Bones and some red shirts, other times it's Kirk with Scotty and Sulu, etc. etc.

Chris

Agreed! That's one of the things I like a lot about Pulp Alley is that I can make a more diverse and expansive League where all of the characters are a little watered down...but then I can bring the spotlight on a smaller "away team" and beef up those few characters.

I've got a lot of league ideas where this could be the case.

Thanks for posting!

:D
Midnight

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Remember - the only permanent member of any league is the Leader. You are free to swap out any/all the other characters between scenarios. Most players don't do this, but it is certainly acceptable. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Midnight » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 am

Dave wrote:Remember - the only permanent member of any league is the Leader. You are free to swap out any/all the other characters between scenarios. Most players don't do this, but it is certainly acceptable. :D

Heh...you know, I'm not sure I ever realized that.

I mean I knew you could just make new leagues for each game, but not that you could have a continuing league and replace all the characters except the leader.

Good to know!
Midnight

Postby rags » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Dave wrote:Remember - the only permanent member of any league is the Leader. You are free to swap out any/all the other characters between scenarios. Most players don't do this, but it is certainly acceptable.

That's news...I thought Sidekicks were restricted to one or two. You mean the Lone Ranger can swap out Tonto and pal around with Smiley Burnette or Annie Oakley for a scenario or two if he wants? Batman could ditch Robin for a night out with Catwoman? Many of my leagues have reserve Allies or Followers I change in and out, but I didn't think you could do the same with Sidekicks.
:shock:
rags
rags

Postby Panama » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:45 pm

The only thing you can't change Rags is your leader & the league perks as far as I know, I thing you could even change say a sidekicks ability if you wanted.
Panama

Postby Scoundrel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 pm

Well one could use the "League of Legends" Background perk which would be enough to make a away team of 4 Sidekicks but will use all the 10 slot points-

There are other options like using the Companions Background perk that gives all allies 2 abilities but the League can't have any Sidekicks, and then there is Company of heroes and allows you to take a 2nd Sidekick, and if you take command for the Leader one can have some extra Allies.

But it would make sense to have a Away Team of 4 if we talk Star Trek :)
Scoundrel

Previous

Return to Pulp Alley - Sample Leagues