Yevaud

For discussing characters and league designs....

Yevaud

Postby Whomever1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Here is my Terror, which I will go up against in a solo game in a few days. Even though I've not been able to get a Terror to work out right, I saw this nice dragon miniature, and realized that in over 30 years of role-play, I had never fought a dragon. Sadly, despite any relatively inconspicuous fixes I've tried, the model keeps falling over (it's just plastic--Bones). But here she is, along with a few accompanying models:

Health d10, Brawl 4d12, Shoot nil, Dodge 2d8, Might 4d10, Finesse 3d10, Cunning 3d10
Abilities: Burst Fire, Animal, Winged, Inhuman, Brash and (Terror Ability) Double-Dealing

Perk: Dominion/Overlord

I am imagining the eggs and hatchlings as plot points.
Whomever1

Re: Yevaud

Postby rags » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Yevaud, in Earthsea, was a male, but that's quibbling -- very nice, Whom. I think about an 80 mm oval base would keep him/her upright on game day.
Nice job.
rags
action reports & photo galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Whomever1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Well, with eggs it had to be female. Unless dragons work it like sea horses.
Whomever1

Postby rags » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 am

Whomever1 wrote:Unless dragons work it like sea horses.

There is a bit of a resemblance, except for the size difference. Flying Kaiju seahorses?
action reports & photo galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Whomever1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:57 am

I was a little surprised when you said Yevaud was male, because he was caring for the young dragons, so I had to look it. And sure enough: " For this was one of the young dragons, spawned there years ago by a she-dragon from the West Reach, who had set her clutch of great leathern eggs, as they say she-dragons will, in some sunny broken room of the tower, and had flown away again, leaving the Old Dragon of Pendor to watch the young when they crawled like baneful lizards from the shell." Sexist pre-conditioning on my part to make me forget that. Fortunately, it isn't an anatomically correct dragon miniature.
Whomever1

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:49 am

When I design a Terror I always want a dozen more slots, so I have to be little more thoughtful about selecting abilities. Just a couple tips....
1. Pick a good balance of defensive and offensive abilities.
2. Avoid taking abilities that can not be used during the same turn -- that includes "action" based abilities.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Panama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:07 am

Nice dragon Whom, just one thing don't do what I did when I went solo against a terror & that was to not be able to roll a 4+ for it :( :lol:
Panama

Return to Pulp Alley - Sample Leagues