Demo leagues

For discussing characters and league designs....

Demo leagues

Postby salcor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:46 pm

So I am running a Pulp alley demo for some friends tomorrow night. I am planning o. Doing the Crime Wave scenario with a cyberpunk trapping. For simplicity sake I am planning on making all the leagues the same for the demo but each on has its own flavor text with it. I am planning a leader, a sidekick, and two.followers for each league. However I am thinking about replacing a follower with a gang. Do you think gangs are appropriate for a demo? I am also planning on keeping the bystanders in the game as well since it is part.of the pulp alley rules I really enjoy. I appreciate the suggestions.

Salcor
salcor

Re: Demo leagues

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Hmmm... maybe try Ally level instead of Followers?

Well, there are certainly a few extra rules to explain when dealing with Gangs but I don't think it would be much of a difference.

HAVE FUN
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Demo leagues

Postby salcor » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 am

Dave thanks for the reply. I ended up using the same 4 man league stats for everyone, I just gave them different fluff text. It was a Leader,.a sidekick, and 2 allies with the perks well-armed and tenacious. It worked out pretty well. We played crime wave with the bystanders. I will post an AAR tomorrow.

Salcor
salcor

Return to Pulp Alley - Sample Leagues