PA Leagues - ST Enterprise Away Team [Midnight]

For discussing characters and league designs....

PA Leagues - ST Enterprise Away Team [Midnight]

Postby Midnight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:02 pm

This League was inspired by a Heroclix "Fast Forces" set that included miniatures for Captain Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov. The figures are based off of the reboot movies, but I made my League based off of the Original Series.

I still haven't taken the time to fully figure out my camera yet...I failed to be able to hook it to my computer wirelessly, so next I'll look at storing pics to a card and transferring them that way. Anyway, here's a link to the figure set I used: http://www.popularcollections.com/strekawaypack.html

I used all 7 figures for this League.

Pulp Alley League: ST Enterprise Crew
Leader: Captain James T. Kirk
Perks: 1. Company of Heroes (2) - Your league may include a second Sidekick. In addition to the cost of this perk, this second Sidekick also takes up 3 roster slots.
2. Tricorders (Keen Senses - 1) - Once per turn, you may give one of your characters a +1d bonus to dodge a peril.
Experience:______ Reputation:________________________
Backup:______ Contacts:______ Gear:______ Tips:______

Leader: Captain James T. Kirk Health d10
Brawl 3d10 Shoot 3d10 Dodge 3d10
Might 2d8 Finesse 3d10 Cunning 2d8
Abilities: 1. Starfleet Captain (Commander) – Add +4 slots to your league roster to use for level 1 and level 2 characters only.
2. Commendation For Original Thinking (Scoundrel) – Once per turn, when you knock an enemy down or out in a brawl, you immediately take control of one random plot point carried by that enemy.
3.Torn Shirt (Quick-Strike) - Once per turn, shift your Brawl dice-type down to gain a +2d Brawl bonus.

Sidekick (3): First Officer Spock Health d8
Brawl 2d8 Shoot 3d6 Dodge 2d6
Might 3d8 Finesse 2d6 Cunning 3d8
Abilities: 1. Vulcan Nerve Pinch (Paralyzer-adjacent only) – Action: Target one enemy [adjacent to you], and roll an opposed Might check. If you win, the target can not move (including Dodge Move) this turn.
2. Green-Blooded, Inhuman (Muscles of Steel) - Your Brawl and Might dice-type are not lowered due to injuries.

Sidekick (3*): Dr. “Bones” McCoy Health d8
Brawl 2d6 Shoot 2d6 Dodge 3d8
Might 2d6 Finesse 3d8 Cunning 3d8
Abilities: 1. I’m A Doctor, Not A [BLANK] (Doc) – Action: Tend to one downed colleague in base-to-base contact — roll a Cunning check (1 success). If passed, the colleague may re-roll their next Recovery check.
2. Old Country Doctor (Shrewd) - Your Dodge and Cunning dice-type are not lowered due to injuries.

Ally (2): Chief Engineer Scott Health d6
Brawl 2d6 Shoot 1d6 Dodge 1d6
Might 1d6 Finesse 1d6 Cunning 2d6
Abilities: 1. Miracle Worker (Inventor) – Before each scenario, when determining your Resources, roll your Cunning dice. You may equip one Gadget or Gear item with a point cost equal or lower than your number of successes. This roll may not be combined with any other Gear points.

Follower (1): Lt. Sulu Health d6*
Brawl 2d6 Shoot 1d6 Dodge 1d6
Might 1d6 Finesse 1d6 Cunning 1d6
Abilities: 1. Martial Artist and Fencing (Fierce) – Add +1d to your Brawl. (Already included in stats.)

Follower (1): Lt. Uhura Health d6*
Brawl 1d6 Shoot 1d6 Dodge 1d6
Might 1d6 Finesse 2d6 Cunning 1d6
Abilities: 1. Linguistics Expert (Savvy) – Add +1d to your Finesse. (Already included in stats.)

Follower (1): Ensign Chekov Health d6*
Brawl 1d6 Shoot 1d6 Dodge 1d6
Might 1d6 Finesse 1d6 Cunning 1d6
Abilities: 1. Life Form Readings (Shadowy) – You gain a +1d bonus to all hiding and spotting rolls (see Stealth).

[Design Note: All abilities are just renamed/reflavored abilities from Pulp Leagues...with one exception. I changed the wording on Spock's Vulcan Nerve Pinch (Paralyzer) so that it only works on adjacent characters. No Vulcan nerve pinching at range.] :D
Last edited by Midnight on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Midnight

Re: PA Leagues - ST Enterprise Away Team [Midnight]

Postby Midnight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Heh...while I have plenty of alien minis to make some good opposition leagues, I can already use my Quicksand setting's Bedrock's Crew League on these boards to represent the 1920's gangster-style opponents to the Original Series crew in the 2nd season episode "A Piece of the Action".

:)
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:22 am

Starting to figure this camera thing out...

From left to right: Sulu, Bones, Uhura, Scotty, Kirk, Checkov, and Spock.
Midnight

Postby rags » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 am

Very cool...I'm looking forward to seeing them in action -- will you be doing scenarios based on any of the original series episodes?
(I have a garage full of tribbles, if you need any.)
I would love to see someone make some Farscape minis...I'd do a league myself.
rags
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Whomever1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 am

Well done! It's just too bad you have to make followers out of some of the command staff--you need some more red shirts.
Whomever1

Postby Midnight » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 am

rags wrote:Very cool...I'm looking forward to seeing them in action -- will you be doing scenarios based on any of the original series episodes?
(I have a garage full of tribbles, if you need any.)
I would love to see someone make some Farscape minis...I'd do a league myself.
rags

Hadn't thought that far ahead. We're in Tax Season 2017 now...so my free time is going bye-bye. But yeah, it would be cool to do scenarios for ST:TOS (and Farscape too, for that matter).

:)
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 am

Whomever1 wrote:Well done! It's just too bad you have to make followers out of some of the command staff--you need some more red shirts.

Yeah...that's been the hardest thing for me to get used to with Pulp Alley and some of my league ideas...relegating beefy/important characters to lower slot members.

But I can always make smaller, buffer, away teams too. Hardly ever were all 7 of those crew members in an away team at the same time after all. :)

Edit: Additional thought...you can drop the Company of Heroes perk, demote Dr. McCoy back to an Ally and promote Lt. Uhura, Lt. Sulu, and Ensign Chekov to Allies also. So you could make a League with all seven figures and no Followers if you wanted to.
Midnight

Postby religon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Here is a ST manifest that I created prior to the Release of Vice Alley…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48207505@ ... 853192578/

It shortchanges Spock some, but I think the others are representative.
religon

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Cool looking league!
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby boywundyrx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Very cool to see this, I've been looking at PA for classic Star Trek too and was trying to figure out how to organize the League given the way the show and its away teams fluctuated. I was thinking of creating multiple leagues to represent the different structures, not sure it would work well in a campaign without some sort of organizing principle as to how the teams benefit and grow, but it should be ok for one-offs. So some days its Kirk with Spock and Bones and some red shirts, other times it's Kirk with Scotty and Sulu, etc. etc.

Chris
boywundyrx

Next

Return to Pulp Alley - Sample Leagues