The League of Four

For discussing characters and league designs....

The League of Four

Postby Scoundrel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:52 am

Do to some issues with adding Photos/pictures to the post I'm adding a link to the League of Four sheet until I can find a way to add Photos/pictures to the posts.

http://refinedscoundrel.deviantart.com/ ... -671660794
Scoundrel

Re: The League of Four

Postby rags » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm

I've long wanted to try one of those all-sidekick leagues -- seems like they could be fun, and challenging, at the same time. Please let us know how they fare, and post some pics when you get that sorted out.
rags
action reports & photo galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 am

I am a bit skeptical about the League, but its my first test run and my first play of Pulp Alley as I kept dragging it out and other things kept getting in the way, but I want to do this so... well it'll be done with unpainted minis ad first in a solo Smash and Grab Scenario, one can see it as Actors getting ready for the real filming :)

First test run will be The League of Four vs Raven Squadron.

Oh and I kind of have the background story of the League of Four, always easier to do the writing then the painting lately.
Scoundrel

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Cool, looks like a good league.

HAVE FUN
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby rags » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Scoundrel wrote:Oh and I kind of have the background story of the League of Four, always easier to do the writing then the painting lately.

To me, the background story of a league is every bit as important as the choices you make on the roster. It defines who the league is, and what they are all about. If you have a clear idea of a league's background, then telling their story is much easier, and the roster decisions are simplified. I never try just to make the most powerful league I can, I always try to make the most interesting league I can.
;)
rags
rags

Postby Whomever1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 pm

I too have been interested in the 4-way league idea, but every time I think about it I wish there was some way of eking out a perk for them. Eventually they could get an associate, I suppose. But also, I'd like to know if there's been any pulp series with a team of 4 persons. It depends on how you count, but the only league I could think of was the Fantastic Four, and that's kind of a different genre.
Whomever1

Postby rags » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Whomever1 wrote:But also, I'd like to know if there's been any pulp series with a team of 4 persons. It depends on how you count, but the only league I could think of was the Fantastic Four, and that's kind of a different genre.

A different genre from what? Comic books are pulpy by definition. But, running down some other foursomes...let's see:
The Wizard of Oz? Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. Ain't nobody more pulp than L. Frank Baum.
The Ghostbusters? Four of 'em.
There were Four Musketeers, including D'Artagnan. And most of Dumas' adventure novels, including the Musketeer books, were originally published as serials. (i.e., Pulp)
There's also the Four Horsemen, if you want to go there.
rags
rags

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:29 pm

And then there is Start Trek Theme which has 4 for an Away Team.

A-Team... okay not really Pulp but could work :)

Stranger Things from Netflix.

Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Team Titan... yeah could be Pulp.
Scoundrel

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:35 pm

rags wrote:
Scoundrel wrote:Oh and I kind of have the background story of the League of Four, always easier to do the writing then the painting lately.

To me, the background story of a league is every bit as important as the choices you make on the roster. It defines who the league is, and what they are all about. If you have a clear idea of a league's background, then telling their story is much easier, and the roster decisions are simplified. I never try just to make the most powerful league I can, I always try to make the most interesting league I can.
;)
rags

That is kind of what I always do, plus it seems Pulp Alley is more story based/driven then wipe out your opponent kind of thing.
Scoundrel

Postby rags » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Scoundrel wrote:Stranger Things from Netflix.
Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Oooh, forgot about those. Also, considering "Stranger Things" makes me think of Stephen King -- his story "The Body" became the movie "Stand by Me." And it also has a quartet of kids in the lead.
rags

Next

Return to Pulp Alley - Sample Leagues