Tip Reward and Solo Deck

For discussing the Pulp Alley Solo rules and deck....

Tip Reward and Solo Deck

Postby CaptainRum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 am

How does the bonus for the Tip Reward Card work? Does the reward holder draw two cards and discard one or does he draw two and play both (good or bad)?
CaptainRum

Re: Tip Reward and Solo Deck

Postby rags » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 pm

I asked this same question myself, somewhere else on the forum I can't find now, and got the following answer:

The Tip Reward card means that a total of FOUR solo cards are drawn each turn. One of these is always drawn by a character in the league whose member is holding the card. If that league has the activation, the first four characters to activate would draw cards.

If the other league has the activation, then the first three characters in that league would draw cards as normal, and then, when the Tip-holding league activates, the first character activated would draw.

Note that the character holding the Tip Reward does not automatically draw a card -- only if he/she is one of the first activations. This is because the Tip card bonus goes to the league, not to the individual carrying the Reward card.
Anyway, that's how it was explained to me.
rags
rags

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm

rags wrote:I asked this same question myself, somewhere else on the forum I can't find now, and got the following answer:

The Tip Reward card means that a total of FOUR solo cards are drawn each turn. One of these is always drawn by a character in the league whose member is holding the card. If that league has the activation, the first four characters to activate would draw cards.

If the other league has the activation, then the first three characters in that league would draw cards as normal, and then, when the Tip-holding league activates, the first character activated would draw.

Note that the character holding the Tip Reward does not automatically draw a card -- only if he/she is one of the first activations. This is because the Tip card bonus goes to the league, not to the individual carrying the Reward card.
Anyway, that's how it was explained to me.

Couldn't have said it better. :D
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby CaptainRum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Thank you both for the quick reply!
That makes sense.
We played it totally wrong, but it was fun anyway.
Hopefully episode two tonight.
CaptainRum

Return to Pulp Alley - Solo Deck