Blaze ability, etc

For discussing the rules for Riding Mounts....

Blaze ability, etc

Postby ManaUser » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Hey, lucky mounts are on your mind right now, I have a random question about the "Blaze" ability. A fire breathing mount just sounds so cool, I've been on the lookout for an excuse to get one. But after rereading the ability I realized it's not completely clear how it works. It doesn't say anything about when you use it, except once per turn, and not while engaged. By a literal reading, you don't even have to use it during the rider's activation, but it seems unlikely this was intended. Or was it?

Or if not that, can you use it at any time during the rider's activation? For example would all of the following be allowed?
  1. move, blaze, shoot
  2. move, shoot, blaze
  3. blaze, move, shoot
  4. move 3', blaze, move 3' more
I also noticed it doesn't have the same note as Blast and Short Blast that the burst goes away if the character using it is injured, engaged or moves. Is that intended?

One more mount question, not related to blaze, when happens when you're in base contact with a mount carrying two enemy riders? Are you engaged with both of them, only one, or is either possible? If only one, who chooses? Or is it random as with shooting?
ManaUser

Re: Blaze ability, etc

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:50 am

When to use Blaze? ....

> During that character's activation only.
> After that character's movement is completed.
> Before the character does any shooting.

For example.... Move, then Blaze, then Shoot is acceptable.

Removed? ....
Yes, the Blaze is removed in the same way as Blast and Short Blast.

Who is "engaged"? ....

Either is possible, based on the positioning of the models. Normally the character that is active/moving will pick the model they want to fight.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ManaUser » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:52 am

Alright, that all makes sense. Might want to clarify the blaze ability a bit if you reprint the mount rules.
ManaUser

Postby rags » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Dave wrote:> During that character's activation only. > After that character's movement is completed. > Before the character does any shooting.

Thanks for that clarification...Molly has been thinking about mounting a flamer on her bike.

;)
rags
rags

Return to Pulp Alley - Riding Mounts