New Solo Card Questions

Read all about it!

New Solo Card Questions

Postby rags » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 am

Removed post and emailed questions instead.

rags
Last edited by rags on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Re: New Solo Card Questions

Postby Panama » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Rags, I also got to give these a try yesterday & played the pass the challenge no effect cards just as you did, but I did wonder about it, although their only attached until the end of the turn.

On the revenge card you can have different scenarios as a follower failing a health check would attentive this card, I'm not sure if a gang going out of play would so Dave might answer that, away to work would be if it's in play at the recovery stage would be alternate the recovery rolls starting with the side who had the card played on them, if only one side is making recovery rolls then it really down to trying to get best out of it for that league, but you still have to roll dice so it not in your control which one will fail :)

Dave,I noticed that on the Obscured card it says, All enemies over 12" count as been in cover, I take it that means over 12" away from the character shooting at them ?

Also the Not so easy card which gives a -1d penalty on certain rolls & which is then passed on should you roll 1 success, now I've always played that if a character can't pass say a peril that I don't bother to roll, but am not sure if that's a rule, does this card now mean you would roll even if you couldn't pass in the hope of passing it on ?
Panama

Re: New Solo Card Questions

Postby rags » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Panama wrote:On the revenge card you can have different scenarios as a follower failing a health check...a way to work would be if it's in play at the recovery stage would be alternate the recovery rolls starting with the side who had the card played on them...

Hi, Panama :D
In my solo games I normally leave downed followers face-planted on the table until Recovery phase, for photographic purposes. Then I remove then without a roll. But, with "Revenge" in play, I would reckon them as KO'd immediately. Alternating Recovery rolls is something I would do in a non-solo game, but in a solo situation I would rather not make the order in which the rolls are made an issue, as it smacks of meta-gaming to me...I'd rather make it random, and not deal with trying to outsmart myself.
Also, I noticed the "enemies over 12" wording too, and thought to myself "Those are some mighty tall enemies." :lol:
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Return to The World of Tomorrow