Force knock backs??

For discussing brawling, shooting, dodging, and health....

Force knock backs??

Postby Dimiter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Hello all
Been playing pirate themed games and was wondering if anyone used any kind of knock back
or force back type rules whilst brawling? Was thinking about the flashing of swashbuckling blades
then seeing an opening to plant a well timed foot in your opponents chest to force him/her away, over a table
etc. The 'kicker' would then be able to move away, gain higher ground, do a runner.
My thoughts so far were : like initiative clear winner of a brawl could elect to attempt a force back, take the
top fortune card and 'x' would be the distance the winner could move or move their opponent. Of course
if the 'alarm' icon is revealed the manouver has gone horribly wrong and the peril on the card would have to be rolled instead (slipped in a puddle of rum,mud,entrails :lol: )
Love to hear anyone's thoughts ideas on this
Peace ;)
Dimiter

Re: Force knock backs??

Postby Panama » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Nice idea & I look the fact that you added a little risk into trying it as I'm a great believer in nothing should ever be 100"% certain :) you'll find a lot of around here from time to time add our only little twist to thing more so when playing solo, Rags is a pass master of doing thing in his own great fashion :)
Panama

Postby rags » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

I seem to recall that there's a Knockback Fortune card that does this when you win a Brawl, but I may be misremembering. In any case, why not give it a try? It sounds like fun, and fun is what we're here for.
Do it, and let us know how it works out...heck, you might wind up in 2nd Edition.
:lol:
rags
reports & galleries: http://ragsthetiger.imgur.com/
rags

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Here's an old optional Knockback rule we've used a few times.....

Knockback -- If you clearly win a fight, you may have the opportunity to throw the enemy back.
1. If you want to knock the enemy back you must discard a Fortune card with an X value equal to the number of hits you delivered.
2. You may choose the direction and the distance equals the number of hits.
3. If a character is thrown into another character or barrier, draw a random peril - if the character is not already down.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Pulp Alley - Fighting & Health