Blasts & Bursts

For discussing brawling, shooting, dodging, and health....

Re: Blasts & Bursts

Postby piper909 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 am

A simple question, but I can't remember if it was ever addressed before (or, if so, why I can't find it again) --

Once a Burst or Blast is placed, does the first Fortune card (random peril) drawn apply for the duration of that turn -- or is a new Fortune card (random peril) drawn for every different character who enters that area after the initial deployment?
"Brains beat brawn but baloney baffles brains."
"She looked like a million and stole ten times as much."
piper909

Re: Blasts & Bursts

Postby Dave » Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 am

piper909 wrote:A simple question, but I can't remember if it was ever addressed before (or, if so, why I can't find it again) --

Once a Burst or Blast is placed, does the first Fortune card (random peril) drawn apply for the duration of that turn -- or is a new Fortune card (random peril) drawn for every different character who enters that area after the initial deployment?

This is covered in the general Burst rules (p 24) --

A new Fortune card is drawn every time the peril is encountered -- even on the same turn.

However, if multiple characters are encountering the burst at the exact same time, such as when it is placed on the table. Only one card is drawn, and all the character have to roll for the same challenge.
David Phipps, Pulp Alley

dave@pulpalley.com
http://www.pulpalley.com/

"Listen, and listen well! The road before you is beset with many perils!"
Dave
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pulp Alley - Fighting & Health